Indiana’s First Women’s Rights Convention held in Dublin, IN in October 1851
In 2001 Indiana Women’s History Association celebrated the Woman’s Rights Convention Sesquicentennial in the Dublin Friends Meeting with costumed actors re-enacting the Convention which occurred October 14-15, 1851. This Indiana State Historic Marker was placed on US 40 (the National Road) in Dublin a few years later. It was placed on US 40 to allow for more visibility. It is a few blocks from the original site which is now a garage made from a replacement Brethren Church built in 1857 after the original site burned.